Well what a year this has been and none more so than for the hospitality industry. COVID-19 has certainly affected us all this year with hospitality being hit the hardest. To the fact that on three occasions pubs & restaurants have had to close their doors for indefinite periods. Yet despite all this I’ve still managed to enjoy some of the most amazing dining experiences ever which is all credit to this amazing industry. The food , wine and service from every restaurant , pub and local cafe has been truly fabulous.
So now on to the awards itself where this year which will also include a new category Best Sommelier. Well we all enjoy great wine with our meal.
To clarify why I call he categories Dining Experience. I could quite easily just say where I enjoyed the most amazing food but I decided on this as it would give everyone a chance to make our lunch/dinner that extra bit special (ie. food , wine , service).
Welcome to the #LLOYDIES
MY TOP MICHELIN STAR DINING EXPERIENCE
1. Core by Clare Smyth
2. Helene Darroze at the Connaught
4. The Five Fields
5. Restaurant Gordon Ramsey
MY TOP ESSEX DINING EXPERIENCE
1. Haywards Restaurant in Epping
2. Grain in Colchester
3. Tandoori Lounge in Hornchurch
MY TOP LONDON DINING EXPERIENCE (non michelin star)
1. Frog by Adam Handling in Covent Garden
2. Muse by Tom Aikens in Belgravia
3. Caractere in Notting Hill
MY TOP GASTRO PUB
1. The Greyhound Pub & Dining in Beaconsfield
2. The Swan in Beaconsfield
3. The Top Oak in Stapleford Abbots
MY TOP SUNDAY ROAST
1. Kerridge’s Bar and Grill
2. Haywards Restaurant
3. The Greyhound Pub and Dining
MY TOP MICHELIN STAR DESSERT
1. Core by Clare Smyth – Hazelnut Souffle
2. Trinity Restaurant – Apple Tarte Tatin
3. Helene Darroze at the Connaught – Chocolate
MY TOP ESSEX DESSERT
1. Haywards Restaurant – Lemon Parfait
2. Grain Colchester – Dark Chocolate Delice
3. Da Vinci’s Hornchurch – Pecan Tart
MY TOP GASTRO PUB DESSERT
1. The Greyhound Pub & Dining – Plum , Yoghurt & Hazelnut
2. The Greenman Courtyard & Dining – Bread & Butter Pudding
3. The Swan Beaconsfield – Oreo Sundae
MY TOP LONDON DESSERT
1. Caractere – Blackberry Mille Feuille with Diplomat Ice Cream
2. Muse by Tom Aikens – Eggnog
3. Cornerstone Hackney – Plum Tart
MY TOP SOMMELIER
1. Gareth Ferr at Core by Clare Smyth
2. Agnieszka at The Five Fields
3. Angelo Altobelli at Muse by Tom Aikens
So there you have it a fantastic dining year comes to end. I hope you’ve enjoyed these awards which I look forward to continuing in 2021.
I’d now like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Thank You to everyone in the hospitality industry and wish you all the very best for the future.